What Voltage Is My Cart?
Electric Golf Carts:
An electric golf cart will have either four, six or eight golf cart batteries and will have either a 36 volt or 48 volt electrical drive system.
How to Determine Golf Cart Voltage (36V or 48V):
1) Lift up your golf cart seat to locate the battery compartment.
2) Count the number of holes
- Usually 3, 4 or 6 holes
3) Multiply the number of holes by 2 to determine the golf cart battery voltage
- Each hole/cell is equal to 2 volts
4) Multiply the golf cart battery voltage by the total number of golf cart batteries
36 Volt Golf Cart Example (6V Batteries):
3 holes X 2 volts = 6 volt battery
6 volt battery X 6 total batteries = 36 volt system
48 Volt Golf Cart Example (8V Batteries):
4 holes X 2 volts = 8 volt battery
8 volt battery X 6 total batteries = 48 volt system
48 Volt Golf Cart Example (12V Batteries):
6 holes X 2 volts = 12 volt battery
12 volt battery X 4 total batteries = 48 volt system